Ever see a magazine or poster that catches your attention? For example, “10 Sure Fire Sex Techniques to Blow Your Partner’s Mind.”
Photography is a lot like relationships. Looks attract. Personalities keep. So, before you could share your wonderful content, attract viewers like moths to a light.
As part of any social media program, having catchy titles is critical. The following are 10 sure-fire blog post title templates that work.
[Number] Reasons to [something positive]
Lists work because they’re simple and they give readers a light at the end of the tunnel.
- 5 Reasons Uncle Bob Should Sit Back and Enjoy the Wedding
- 8 Ways to Guarantee Cute Baby Pictures
Learn How to [verb] [something]
Whenever you start with “Learn how to,” it means there are nuggets of information being offered in that post.
- Learn How to Rock Your Senior Photos
- Learn How to Make Any Event Picturesque
[Positive adjective] [object] and How to Get It
Finding out how to acquire something positive is always welcomed.
- Sexy Foods and How to Get It
- Adorable Dogs and How to Get Them to Behave
Is Your [object] Good for [someone or something]?
We always want the best for those we love. Out of concern, posing a possibility of negative effects for a loved one will pique curiosity.
- Is Your Dog Food Good for Your Pet’s Health?
- Is the Use of Strobes Good for Your Baby’s Eyes?
[Object(s)] You Won’t Believe
People like to be overwhelmed, so a title like this encourages a click.
- Landscape Photos You Won’t Believe
- Babies so Cute You Won’t Believe
Win a(n) [object]
People love to win contests especially if it’s free to enter.
- Win a Free Headshot Session
- Win a Free Canvas Print
Amazing [items] Under [low cost]
People love good deals. In the second example, you could showcase all of the foods you photographed with links to the restaurants. While sharing good deals, you’re also sharing what a great food photographer you are.
- Amazing Baby Bibs Under $20
- Amazing Foods Under $12
[Number] Free [object] for [object]
Free is a magical word. In the first example, you could share links for templates all while showcasing your engagement photos.
- 8 Free Templates for Thank You Cards
- 12 Free Prints for Your Pet Calendar
[Something hard] Made Simple
People love shortcuts. Who likes to be efficient and save time? I do.
- Honeymoon Planning Made Simple
- Car Lighting Made Simple
Amazing [blank] Secrets
Not only is your post about a secret, it’s about an amazing secret. What’s not to love?
- Amazing Arm Toning Secrets
- Amazing Landscape Photo Secrets
What’s Next …
Don’t limit yourself to blog post titles. These templates work for other social media channels – Twitter, Facebook, Google+, etc.
For more content strategy posts, read here.
Ciao mon ami,
P.S. I came home yesterday from a 16-hour flight. I’m flying out today to Providence, Rhode Island for another 5-hour one. My body thinks its Sunday … 6PM.
Comment what you hate most about flights.